Inclusiveness Target Countries Conference Grants
ITC CG Coordinator:Violeta Velikova (BG)
Bulgarian Academy of Sciences
Acad. G. Bonchev Str., Bl. 21
ITC Conference Grants for Meetings on the topic of the CLIMO Action are available. Conferences needs to be finished before March 15, 2019; Deadline for application January 31, 2019.
PURPOSE OF AN INCLUSIVENESS TARGET COUNTRIES (ITC) CONFERENCE GRANT:
Conference Grants are aimed at supporting PhD students and Early Career researchers from Participating ITC to attend international conferences in the field of the Action.
Specific information concerning ITC
The applicant must be engaged in an official research programme as a PhD Student or postdoctoral fellow at an institution located in a COST Inclusiveness Target Country: Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Croatia, Hungary, Lithuania, Latvia, Luxembourg, Malta, Montenegro, Poland, Portugal, Slovenia, Slovakia, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Republic of Serbia and Turkey.
Any e-COST user who is a PhD student or an Early Career Investigator (ECI) and is affiliated with an institution located in an ITC participating in the Action can submit a request for an ITC Conference Grant. The application must be submitted at least 45 days before the conference start date.
The applicant must ideally make an oral/poster presentation at the conference in question and must be listed in the official event / conference programme. The main subject of the oral presentation / poster presentation / speech at the approved conference must be on the topic of the Action (CLIMO Memorandum of Understanding) and must acknowledge COST.
Grant applications must be approved by the ICT CG Coordinator together with the Action Chair.
ITC – Financial support
A Conference Grant is a fixed financial contribution which takes into consideration the budget request of the applicant and the outcome of the evaluation of the application by the MC Chair. Conference Grants do not necessarily cover all of the expenses related to participating in a given
conference. A Conference Grant is a contribution to the overall travel, accommodation and meal expenses of the selected Grantee.
The calculation of the financial contribution for each Conference Grant must respect the following criteria:
-Up to a maximum of EUR 2 500 in total can be afforded to each successful applicant;
-Up to a maximum of EUR 160 per day can be afforded for accommodation and meal expenses.
– Up to a maximum of EUR 500 can be claimed for the conference fees to be incurred by the selected Grantee.
In addition when meal and accommodation expenses are supported by the hosting institution as part of the provisions offered in their conference package, the amount for subsistence afforded to each eligible participant must be deducted from the Grant. Documentary evidence of the conference fee amount must be provided by the applicant and must be archived by the Grant Holder along with the relevant administrative documents.
Interested researchers can apply by following the instructions provided below and submitting their application and supporting documents before January 31, 2018.
HOW TO APPLY:
The application process in details is as follows:
- Applicants must read the funding rules detailed in Section 8 of the COST Vademecum. This document is available at: http://www.cost.eu/participate/guidelines.
- Applicants must create a e-COST profile at https://e-services.cost.eu/
- After registration, applicants can initiate the application by pressing “Create Conference Grant Request”, available here: http://www.cost.eu/ITC_conferencegrants_userguide
- The following information needs to be provided: Applicant details, Conference Grant details (the conference must end before March 15, 2019), Bank details, Financial support, Supporting documents (see below)
- The applicant must send their ITC application form submitted to e-COST (pdf) and the relevant supporting documents to the CLIMO CG Coordinator (Violeta Velikova) for evaluation at least 45 days before the conference start date.
The list of supporting documents to be submitted in pdf format for the evaluation are:
- The submitted ITC application form (downloadable when the online application is submitted – see point 4 above);
- A short description of involvement in the COST Action;
- Acceptance letter from the conference organisers (If applicable: confirming either your speaking slot or your poster presentation);
- Preferably: A copy of the abstract or poster submitted to the conference;
- A Full C.V. (including a list of academic publications – if applicable).
Applications will be assessed against the scientific objectives of the Action.
Wat is required after the Conference:
1 Day and 15 days after the end of the participation in the conference, the grantee receives a reminder to upload the scientific report. The deadline to submit the last supporting document is 30 days from the end of the participation in the conference. The submission of the report is mandatory, failure to comply will result in cancellation of the Grant. Late submission, beyond the deadline, can also lead to the cancellation of the Grant.
A scientific report template is available on the Supporting documents page or on-line here: http://www.cost.eu/ITC_conference_grant_report_template. The grantee must complete this template and save it in pdf before uploading it in e-COST.
(Please note that the COST Association can request additional information to substantiate the information contained within the documents submitted by ITC applicants).